What is the Exploring Consciousness Workshop?
It is a two days immersive workshop where we use special audio tracks to facilitate expanded states of consciousness.
Do I need to be an experienced meditator to attend this workshop?
No, but having some previous experience with meditation is certainly beneficial.
Are there any physical demands?
No, the meditations are done using headphones with the person lying down on an air mattress. Some people may prefer to sit.
Is there a minimum age for the participant?
Yes, you need to be at least 18 years old.
What time does the workshop happen?
From 09:00 AM to 5:30 PM. (** Please arrive between 8:30 - 8:45 AM **)
What should I bring?
- Journal and pen - you will receive a workshop manual which has space for taking notes and recording your experiences. If you have a journal you wish to use, please bring it.
- Blanket or cover - when you are deeply relaxed during the exercises, you may feel cool.
- Pillow (1 or 2) - bring 2 pillows if you need one under your knees to be comfortable while lying on your back during the audio exercises or if you might doze off if very relaxed (to prop yourself up with).
- Slippers (with non-slip bottoms) or indoor slip-on shoes.
- Socks - if your feet sometimes feel cold.
- Water bottle - you can refill it during the workshop.
- Eye covers - we will provide sleep masks, but feel free to bring your own
What should I wear?
Wear loose, comfortable, and casual clothes. Dress in layers so that you can adjust depending on your comfort needs during exercises.
What about food/drink?
Light food will be provided (sandwiches and salads).
If you have special dietary needs, please feel free to bring your own lunch. A microwave and fridge are available.
I ask that all participants remain at the venue and eat together to maintain the group energy
Mobile phones and other communication devices:
This weekend is a special time for you to focus on yourself, largely free from the demands and concerns of the outside world for two days. Please make all necessary arrangements with family members and others before you arrive. If you have to use your mobile phone or other communication device, please do so only during lunch
Photography video, and audio recording in any form are not allowed.
Alcohol and mind-altering drugs:
Avoid using these before the workshop; prohibited during the workshop as they are counterproductive to the Monroe process. Take all prescription drugs as usual.
Smoking is permitted only outside the building.
If you are not familiar with Hemi-Sync:
Please listen to the Gateway Voyage® Introductory Exercise on the Monroe Institute’s website (under Free Meditations).
Listening to this one or more times will help you to be better prepared for the first Hemi-Sync exercise in the workshop.
To the extent possible, come to the workshop well rested. Most participants find the Hemi-Sync exercises to be extremely relaxing and are able to remain alert more easily if they have had adequate sleep